Thursday, May 8, 2014

Feminism video - oh no, not again!

On the other hand...
well, this one was different to me. It was so different that it sent shivers down my spine...and became video of the week.
Attention - 11 minutes long - this is the exception to the 3-min-maximum-rule!

Video of the week




I've seen many harassment videos in my professional career as video producer but this is outstanding. Big question: Why?
  • Well first: It's a french production - and as you might know: The french are not the worst cinema producer's so far. In fact they are even great! I say this from a German perspective. 
  • The story starts with in a modest way, but tension rises - and manages to keep the bow for 11 minutes- if this isn't outstanding for online video, well, I don't know what else is.
  • The all-day-atmosphere in this video is realistic - even with the gender-bender way of storytelling it never crosses the boundaries of this mood of reality.
  • Some of the stereotypes...well honestly I realised I had them myself sometimes...this is creepy. How about you?
Beside of that - the main characters are very well chosen - you just believe them. It looks real. This is the source of the compassion and emotion it causes. So let's learn the lesson: Good choice of protagonists is crucial for a good awareness campaigning clip. ..what else - oh yes: 9 Million visitors. And now you're one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment